Sunday, September 11, 2011

not so new project

Sometimes I sit around feeling sorry for myself. Okay, not really. More like I sit around wishing I had something to show for these 22 years of existing on this earth. Well time to suck it up, sucker. Here's my challenge for you (you, being me—don't ask why I phrased it in such a confusing way, but hey you can participate too if you like and yes I'm talking to you now as in you that is not me talking to myself I'll shh now): Every week set aside some time, even if it's just ten minutes to get inspiration in any way, and then create something. Anything.

Why yes, this is pretty much no different to Project Thing-A-Week, which was a rip off of Thing-A-Day, but it's back with a deeper meaning. What deeper meaning? Okay, so really there isn't one. It just feels more fitting for some reason now that I seem to be battling with my annual What-am-I-doing-with-my-life?! phase.



These phases aren't even actually an annual thing. They're more like quarterly, or even monthly episodes of doubt and unrest as I apparently have a compulsive need to carve out a future set in stone, even though I'm fully aware that this is near impossible given circumstances beyond my control. Whatever. I need to come to terms with the fact that I may never be a straight arrow and learn to enjoy being a curve ball.

So self, just remember, it's okay to not know what you want to do with you life, just as long as you chase something. It doesn't matter what that something is and it doesn't matter if you don't know what that something is yet, just keep trying/going/exploring.

Breathe. I still have time and my decision to take an honours year is a good one because I'm exploring and potentially chasing something I'm interested in, as well as giving myself the time to grow, live, laugh, try new things, and experiment.

So self, stop worrying and give yourself a chance. Have some fun.

Partially inspired by this post by Phil of Wong Fu Productions.

Prepare for some crazy experiments.



BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment