Saturday, August 28, 2010

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche


Let them eat cake!


This horribly photographed cake (yes, I know, real bloggers use DSLRs and more than half the time, in my laziness, I'm using my camera phone...) is a Chocolate Honey Beetroot Cake with Chocolate Mousse filling and Chocolate Ganache made for my brother's birthday party. In my greediness, I ended up making two, instead of going with my original plan of stacking them. In hindsight, this was probably a good idea since it turned out to be quite a rich combination. Plus, more for me is always a good idea... well according to me anyway... :P

I should probably begin posting recipes, but lately I've been feeling rather lacklustre about well... everything. So next time. I better perk up soon though because it's not like I have anything to complain about since my parents got me this!


Hello beautiful! Where have you been all my life?


Yes, they got me a bread machine. Something I've wanted and dreamed about, but never asked for, or even brought up, since the price tag is way too much. When my mum announced they'd gotten one, I'd assumed there was either some mix up, or they'd managed to somehow get one second hand, but no, this baby is brand new! Turns out Kmart had it on clearance for $29! It's no special brand, but who cares? I can finally make bread! (Note: I was planning to make bread regardless next holidays, but still, yay!)


My first ever loaf!


I followed the manual for my first ever loaf. It came out more like a cube, and so did my second loaf (100% wholemeal this time), so I'm thinking there's something up with my yeast. I'm planning to try the sachet yeast next time around to test this hypothesis, so fingers crossed. It tastes yummy either way though. Way better than supermarket bread, which I've always been quite snobby over...

P.S. Just heard about this, an Edible Art Exhibition in London's Future Gallery! Really wish I could go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment